Tuesday 17 May 2011

My Obvious vs. His Oblivious/I’m a Brat


I really didn’t want to go fishing.

Don’t get me wrong. I like to fish. I just didn’t want to go yesterday. Which is why I also suggested a walk or going to the park, all while secretly hoping he’d ignore the fact that I said fishing. But, he’s oblivious to what I think should be obvious.

Besides, I was moody.

And irritable.

And tired.

But, I wanted to get out of the house, and I wanted to get out of the house with my husband. How do you do that? You say the magic word.

Fishing

For once, in all the time I’ve known this man, he was the first one ready to walk out the door. Probably because he didn’t have to fix his hair.

And me? Well, I was still moody. And irritable. And tired.

On the way to the truck one of those annoying child people that live in my house informed me that I would have to use the crappie pole – the fourteen foot long monstrosity with the reel that won’t lock.

So, I pouted.

“Why are you such a grumpy pants?” he said.

“You’re clueless,” I said.

“I’m doing what you wanted me to do. I’m out of the house.”

“Can we just go, please?”

He rolled his eyes at me. I folded my arms and stared out the window. I sighed…. Loudly.

Fishing spot number one was too crowded.

Fishing spot number two was too windy. Never mind the freak show out on the dock. Some twenty something couple who were half making out, half doing some weird sensual couple yoga in front of my nine year old.

 Weirdos.

Fishing spot number three was deserted, shady, and totally non windy. I had nothing to complain about. So, I kept my mouth shut and let him fish.

That’s when I saw this:

Isn’t that awesome? Unfortunately, all I had was my camera phone. I sooo wanted a quality picture of this little guy.

Suddenly, because I could chase dragonflies, fishing wasn’t such a bad idea. So, I took the crappy crappie pole back to the truck.

Then, he assumed I was done and he packed up and came back to the truck while I was posting my dragonfly find to my facebook page.

Then he just drove around. Going nowhere. You know, one of those let’s see where this road ends up kind of things?

And, I was happy.

And not tired.

Or moody.

Or even irritable.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one that can't see the pic? Glad you had a good day you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-loaded it. Does that help? It made it little though. :(

    ReplyDelete