Monday, 22 November 2010

I'm tired

It’s Monday and yet I’m still feeling the wear that my weekend put on me. My body is screaming today. I would kick myself this morning but my legs are begging me not to move them and threatening to revolt if I do.
I’m staring at the Tylenol Arthritis and battling with myself about whether or not to take it. The migraine doctor says to get off over the counter pain meds. Apparently they contribute to headaches? I find this confusing. I want to kick the migraine doctor.  But, again, my legs beg me not to.
I took an entire bathroom apart and put it back together again. I scrubbed the walls and I scrubbed the floors on my hands and knees. I baked cookies. I washed, dried and folded 1,672 loads of laundry. I took my kitchen apart and scrubbed the cabinets and floors. I took everything off of every shelf in the living room and dusted it. I moved every piece of furniture in the living room and vacuumed. I spot cleaned the carpet and then cleaned the carpet machine. I cooked dinner (with photographs) so I would have a recipe to blog this weekend. I washed dishes again. I folded 4 more loads of laundry.
By the time I did all of this I was too exhausted to perform the final touches and put those last few things away. What’s the result? I cleaned and my house looks like a mess.
The shoes are still in the middle of the bedroom floor where I tossed them when I took them out of the living room. My bed isn’t made. I still have 20 loads of unwashed laundry in the laundry room floor because I decided to wash runners that were on shelves and bedding in addition to all the clothes I washed.
I almost washed curtains. But, I told myself to shut up and I listened.
I have dog food and dirt on my freshly scrubbed kitchen floor. Those girls always ruin my clean floors. But, they’re cute. Aren’t they?
I didn’t put the dishes away or wipe off the stove when I cleaned the kitchen after dinner.  There is flour, splattered olive oil, and spinach on my stove from the pasta recipe I made last night.
Now I want to kick myself again because it doesn’t look like I did anything at all. I could’ve been knitting or crocheting and saved myself the trouble. But again, my fibromyalgia plagued body begs me not to kick myself.
I fell into bed at 9:00 last night and immediately fell asleep. I woke up at 5:00 this morning and am so tired that I could easily go back to bed for a few more hours. Sitting here at my desk I could easily close my eyes for just a minute and drift off to sleep.
I hate days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment