Tuesday 23 November 2010

Wild thing I think I love you....

I have neighbors.

My neighbors have milk goats.

When my neighbors go out of town I milk their goats and feed their chickens. In exchange I get to keep the milk and the eggs for my trouble.

It works out nicely.

Up until now I have only encountered their female goats.


This is Latte'. She's not been bred  yet. She's incredibly sweet and she always thinks she's starving.


This is Lucy. She can't be bothered right now. She's eating. She is standing on a stanchion. It's a milking stand. You lock  her head between the slats of wood while she eats so you can milk her.


This is Carmella. She can't be bothered either. I used to think she was evil but we have an understanding now and get along just fine.



Chocolate was always with a friend of theirs because they didn't want the goats who needed to be milked to kid.

Chocolate is back. This is Chocolate. A.K.A Billy D. Goat.

We weren't properly introduced. I met him while I was tethering Lucy. He walked up snuck up behind me. He then proceeded to nudge me in the behind.

He followed that with rubbing his head up and down my leg.

I didn't understand why.

I googled it.

Male goats have scent glands next to where thier horns are.

(his horns have been removed for the safety of other goats, human caregivers and himself)

He is in "rut".

This means he's ready to breed.

He was marking me.

I need therapy now.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is too funny. Well at least there was foreplay. He might even cuddle and talk afterwards lol

    ReplyDelete